- car wash
: an establishment equipped to wash automobiles
* * *1. a place or structure having special equipment for washing automobiles.2. the washing of an automobile: The service station is offering free car washes to draw customers. Also, carwash.[1955-60]
* * *a place with special equipment for washing carsThesaurus: relating to cars and other road vehicleshyponym
* * *car wash,1. a business establishment that washes automobiles.2. the equipment, often automatic, used by such an establishment.3. the washing of an automobile.
* * *n.1) a building containing equipment for washing motor vehicles automatically2) an event, typically a fund-raiser, in which motor vehicles are washed
the Teen Center will hold its third annual car wash on Saturday
* * *noun, pl ⋯ washes [count]1 : an area or building with equipment for washing cars
a drive-through car wash2 US : an event at which people pay to have their cars washed in order to raise money for some purpose
Our church is having a car wash tomorrow from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* * *ˈcar wash f69 [car wash car washes] nouna place with special equipment, where you can pay to have your car washed
Useful english dictionary. 2012.